Values central to the life, mission and vision of The Foursquare Church.
- We prioritize joyous worship, honoring the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as we extol the life and love of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 11:36-12:1-2).
- We hold to the creeds asserting Jesus as God’s virgin-born Son–His sinless life, atoning death and literal resurrection providing salvation (Acts 4:12).
- We focus a Christ-honoring, grace-based preaching and teaching ministry rooted in the authority of God’s eternal Word, the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16).
Church Health and Biblical Balance
- We prioritize a personal and church lifestyle of vital joy and hope as Christ and His kingdom are described in John 10:10, Romans 14:17 and 15:13.
- We promote creative personal and church ministry that spreads the Gospel, meets human need and multiplies life-begetting ministries (Phil. 1:9-11).
- We prioritize passion with order in worship, biblical grace with obedience in lifestyle, with liberty, wisdom and charity in all things (1 Corinthians 13:13; 14:40).
- We embrace all who love Christ, pursuing our distinct sense of mission and values, while affirming the whole church beyond our ranks (Philippians 2:1-10).
- We prioritize the apostolic plan for discipleship as in Acts 8:14-17; 19:1-6, calling believers to decisively open to the Holy Spirit’s fullness and fruit.
- We acknowledge the distinct and ongoing gift-giving ministry of the Spirit and instruct in how to minister in His power to Christ’s glory (1 Corinthians 12-14).
- We pursue faith-filled prayer, intercession and spiritual warfare with Holy Spirit enabled power and discernment as in Ephesians 6:10-20 and 1 Timothy 2:1-6.
- We prioritize the apostolic convictions in 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; being constrained by the love of Christ knowing eternal souls are at risk, and commissioned by the grace of God since all who believe may be saved.
- We are constant to our founding call to worldwide interdenominational evangelism proclaiming to all that Jesus Christ is the Savior, Baptizer with the Holy Spirit, Healer and Soon-Coming King (Acts 20:27).
Fellowship and Ministry
- We prioritize planting and growing local churches as in Acts 9:31 and Ephesians 3:14-19; that believers may be grown, nurtured and equipped for ministry.
- We cultivate every-member ministry as in 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Christ’s will being that His church be the living evidence of His love and power to the world.
- We honor the Holy Spirit’s call to and giftings of church leaders under Christ’s commission and lordship, irrespective of age, gender or ethnicity (Acts 2:17-18).
- We prioritize the Gospel of Jesus Christ as God’s power unto salvation for all, begetting works of compassion, justice and human aid (Matthew 5:13-16).
- We place high value on the sanctity of human life, of biblical marriage and morality, and we welcome ethnic diversity (Isaiah 56:7; Philippians 2:15-16).
- We accept the timeless purpose of God through his ancient people Israel, and reject anti-Semitism and all ethnic discrimination (Romans 11:11-27; Acts 17:26).
The Foursquare Declaration of Faith lays out the basic doctrine of The Foursquare Church and was drafted by Foursquare founder Aimee Semple McPherson. An abbreviated version is below.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God: true, immutable, steadfast, and unchangeable (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
We believe that God is triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the Three are coexistent, coeternal, and equal in divine perfection (1 John 5:7).
We believe that salvation is wholly through grace; that no human righteousness or merit can contribute to our receiving God’s love and favor (Ephesians 2:8).
We believe that it is the will of God that those who have been born again grow in sanctification, become partakers of His holiness, and daily grow stronger in the faith, power, prayer, love, and service (2 Corinthians 7:1).
We believe that being baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is an essential response to Jesus’ command, testifying to His lordship as Christ and King (Romans 6:4). We believe in observing the Lord’s Supper, receiving the broken bread and the fruit of the vine with joy and faith as we partake anew of the life and triumph of Christ’s Cross (1 Corinthians 11:24-26).
We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit empowers believers to exalt Jesus, to live lives of holiness, and to be witnesses of God’s saving grace; we expect the Spirit’s incoming to be after the same manner as that in which He came upon believers in the days of the Early Church (Acts 1:5-8; 2:4).
We believe that the Holy Spirit bestows enabling ministry gifts upon believers, and that these gifts will build up the Body of Christ through edification and evangelism(1 Corinthians 12:1-11); as evidence of a Spirit-filled life, believers should show spiritual “fruit”: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Galatians 5:22-25).
We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent; the certainty of His coming and the fact that no man knows the hour of His coming prompt our evangelistic efforts; that the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven, the dead in Christ shall rise, and the redeemed will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air (Matthew 24:36, 42, 44; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).